Start your educational journey from any location. happy news The Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program is presently accepting applications. We will go into great detail about this scholarship in this piece, along with its advantages and step-by-step instructions for applying.
For international students, the Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program 2023–2024 is a completely funded scholarship. This fellowship can award up to $42,750 net per fellow for an 8-month fellowship and is open for PhD studies.
The World Bank Robert S. McNamara Fellowship Program awards fellowships to Ph.D. candidates from developing nations so they can pursue innovative, development-related PhD studies at a partner agency abroad over a 6–10 month residency period.
Major Program Elements
Professional experience: Fellows will work on World Bank projects under the direct supervision of World Bank DEC researchers and will be given training on cutting-edge research practices and technologies and interact with the World Bank operations. They will have the chance to participate in field trips, directly interact with our clients, and possibly co-author publications with DEC researchers, depending on the nature of the projects.
Building capacity: At the beginning of the program, Fellows will receive a one-week technological onboarding that includes instruction in reproducible research techniques. Fellows will take part in recurring ongoing education trainings and activities throughout the program to further their skill development. Fellows will improve their capacity to recognize, research, and write on crucial development policy issues through their collaboration with DEC economists.
Dissemination of research: Fellows will be asked to compose a blog post based on the research they conducted during their fellowship with DEC researchers. This is a chance to highlight research and contributions to discussions of development policy. The best 4 blogs will be featured on the Let’s Talk Development blog of DEC each year.
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution(s): World Bank
- Study in: Any Country
- Courses Offered: Applicants will have the option to select in the application whether they would like to be hosted by the Development research department or the Impact evaluation department in the World Bank’s Development Economics Vice Presidency (DEC).
- Deadline: Application will open in March 2023 , deadline: April 30, 2023
Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program provides the recipient with:
- Totaling $42,750 net per fellow for an 8-month fellowship (paid in monthly installments)
- Since the fellows will be hosted at the World Bank in Washington D.C., the World Bank’s HR will assist the selected candidates with visa applications by providing invitation letters.
Note: The fellowship does not cover visa application costs, travel expenses, or any other expenses to bring and/or support fellows’ family members.
Eligibility Criteria for Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: Nationals of World Bank WBG member countries, with preference to nationals of developing countries
- Graduates of MA level studies or currently pursuing a PhD in Economics or a related field;
- No more than 35 years of age (by June 30th of the year the fellowship starts);
- Available to relocate to Washington, D.C. for the duration of the fellowship.
How to Apply for Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important instructions to avail this scholarship:
The RSMFP application must be completed online by the Application Deadline date and include:
- A resume,
- A statement of research interests: The statement of research interests should describe research interests and indicate the research programs of interest within DEC.
- Contact details for a letter of recommendation,
- A writing sample (optional),
- A code sample (optional).
All required documents must be uploaded online. Any documents an applicant provides by email, post or any means other than the online application form will not be reviewed.
To know more about Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program, please visit official website:
Notice: kextanles.com are not recruiters, we are just sharing available jobs in worldwide,once you click on the apply button, it will redirect you to the career page of concerned job provider, kextanles.com is not involving in any stage of recruitment directly or indirectly, we are not collecting any personal information of job seekers. Don’t pay any amount for the job application and recruitment process.